Horse-drawn sleds on Brant Street, carrying ice cut from the Bay, 1926
- Media Type
- Item Type
- In the background, Burlington’s first motion picture theatre, the Crystal on Brant Street opposite Ontario Street. The proprietor was Rex Hume, a native of Milton who was descended from a pioneer family in the Scotch Block. Lyle Tuck was the projectionist for many years. Rex Hume and his family lived on Emerald Crescent. When the Crystal burned in 1930, Mr. Hume purchased a site for a new theater on Water Street (now 2007 – 2009 Lakeshore Road).
- A copy of an image in the Joseph Brant Museum.
- Date of Original
- 8.9 x 12.6
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 12.6cm
Image Height: 8.9cm
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.3246781630281 Longitude: -79.7958040237427
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Burlington Historical SocietyEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:1450 Headon Road
P.O. Box 93164
Burlington, ON L7M 4A3