1909 The following is taken from the leaflet "The History Behind the Stained Glass Windows at Knox Church"
Bell Memorial Windows
Although the other stained glass windows in the church are quite historic in comparison, the Bell Memorial Windows in the narthex are much more recent, having been...
1877 The following is taken from the leaflet "The History Behind the Stained Glass Windows at Knox Church".
Waldie Stained Glass Windows
People are still talking about John Waldie's gift to Knox Presbyterian Church this 135 years after the fact.
Perhaps that's not surprising, in that the gift was...
2016 These memorial scrolls were located in the church basement. They were refinished and rededicated in 1995 as a 150th Church Anniversary Project. They now have a place of honour in the Narthex of the church.
1920 This home later became the Tien Kue Restaurant.
It was at one time the family home of Harold and Jean Carr. Their youngest son, Jack, born 18 April 1920, spent his first few years living here. The family moved to Cambellford around 1926. Jack, age 96, now lives in Toronto.
Harold started a...
1997 1003 Greenwood Drive Plan 99, Pt Lt 28 1868 A. 78 ∆
The McMurray - Ireland - Burkholder - Hammond House
Originally part of the land granted by the Crown Grant to Joseph Brant in 1798, this was part of James S. McMurray's Brant Farm Subdivision, Plan 47, registered in 1869. In that...
2000 1 Plains Road East 1913
The Aldershot General Store and Post Office
According to From Pathway to Skyway, p.119, this was built in 1913 to replace the 1856 General Store & Post Office for Aldershot.
1913- Sinclair General Store and Post Office
1949-1951 Shaver Drug...
CA 1930 Ann Eliza Bilton Kendall 1841-1931
Widow of Rev. James Kendall
This photo was taken on her 87th Birthday, 25 February 1928.
The second photo is Ann Eliza Bilton Kendal with daughter Agnes Kendall, 1868-1940. The photograph was taken in front of their home on Pearl Street in Burlington
1935 C.F. Guthrie Florist, 46 St. Paul Street, Burlington, ON
& Newspaper advertisement from Burlington Gazette, 13 June 1935
ca 1924 Standing: Hester M. (Drever) Guthrie, 1889-1954
Seated: Charles F. Guthrie, 20 February 1889 - 22 June 1972; son William Raymond Guthrie (Ray) 1912-1986.
ca 1910 This photograph was taken before her marriage to Charles F. Guthrie. Hattie was the daughter of Thomas & Hester Drever.
1890 "Stoneacres": The Tuck / Marshall / Holton House
The 1806 Plan of the Third Township or Nelson shows Lot 23, Con 1 NDS as occupied by Jacob Teeple. In 1810 it was granted by the Crown to Jacob Teeple, who sold it in that same year (registered in 1816) to Abraham Lebar.
Looking east, with the Railway tracks on the left, running diagonally toward the horizon.
In the foreground, Waterdown Road: from the left, the J. Cooke settling ponds on the east side of the road, formerly the site of the Harrod family's house; on the west side of the road, a rental house owned...
1900 Mr. & Mrs. John Williamson off with Maude & Minnie
From left: John Williamson, Hannah Walker Williamson, Elizabeth Wilds Williamson & David Williamson
1900 The Williamson farm was at Appleby, On. South of Dundas, Con IV, Lot 11. The home was south of the Queen Elizabeth Highway,on the east side of Appleby Line. It was renovated and expanded ca. 1900 and sold in 1917. House and barn were torn down in 1960.
The first photo, ca 1900, shows John...
1904 John Dudley Williamson, age 18, at Milton Model School
1921 Clara Ida Williamson married David Elliott Anderson in Burlington on 26 March 1921.