Search within Burlington results
J. Waldie & Co. Store


Description
Creator:
Paul Duff, Artist
Media Type:
Image
Item Type:
Paintings
Description:
Colour separations and photograph reproducing Paul Duff's painting for the front cover of Burlington: Memories of Pioneer Days, published by the Burlington Historical Society in 1989.
Notes:
Based on an engraving in the Illustrated Historical Atlas of the County of Halton, Ont (1877), p. 35. The brick structure was built circa 1865 by John Waldie, replacing the original store built in 1837 by James Gage and owned by William Bunton from 1847 to 1855. From 1866 owned in partnership with William Kerns. The building is still standing at Lakeshore Road and John Street. The third floor was removed after being damaged by fire in 1973.
Publisher:
Burlington Historical Society
Date of Original:
ca. 1989
Date of Event:
ca. 1876
Dimensions:
12.5 x 8.8 cm
Subject(s):
Local identifier:
30666s.jpg
Collection:
Paul Duff fonds
Geographic Coverage:
  • Ontario, Canada
    Latitude: 43.325115240597 Longitude: -79.7954177856445
Donor:
Paul Duff
Copyright Statement:
Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Contact:
Burlington Historical Society
Email:
WWW address:
Agency street/mail address:
1450 Headon Road
P.O. Box 93164
Burlington, ON L7M 4A3
J. Waldie & Co. Store
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit